Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Village



On my recent trip to Wilburton I returned with the village. I remember Tim and I visiting the village often in the 1970's. The old town is showing its age. Businesses have shut down moving to the big city or overseas. I remember a Holiday Inn most likely torn down. Banners and signs on buildings no longer exist. There are not as many people as I recall living there. Citizens moving on or just getting lost through the years of change. The years of neglect and not enough residences have caused the city to show its age.

Jordan, Ashley and Hailey Duncan have revitalized the town. It is all new to them. They love visiting the village. Since Hailey started crawling she is right in the middle of her sisters.

The village is alive again!

1 comment:

Tim D. said...

We need to print out new facades, store signs, etc to replace the old ones! Where can we find those classic Fisher Price people? Can anyone say "Ebay"?