Wednesday, December 13, 2006

KFC = Klerks Forget Courtesy

I am spitting mad. I mean actually spitting. I'll have to clean that up later. And it all has to do with KFC, ya know the place that decided that if they cut their name back and went with only initials that we, the public, are stupid enough to forget that the word FRIED is in their name. "KFC . . . Look kids, they's a health food joint now, Yeehaw!!!" Back to the spitting mad part.

Last week, Cassie and I decided we wanted a nice chicken dinner after Choir practice (I was having a pretty bad day and hey their chicken isn't fried anymore, so why not?) So I drove up to the drive through in my run down, ramshackle Ford which rattles, hums and spits. If that weren't enough, my car windows no longer roll down so I have to open my door to order and that of course sets off the dinger which "Dings" incessantly reminding me that I left my keys in the car and my lights are on!! So I was speaking a little louder than normal because I was talking over the car, but I was not yelling. Before I got two words out of my mouth the teen on the other end interrupts and says quite rudely:

"Maam, your shouting my ear off so STOP IT" Basically she told me to Shut Up. Me. A customer. So I said back to her. "I'll just go some place else." Granted that's not a really good come back, but I was shocked!! Who taught her how to speak to customers like that. By the time I got home and got really good and mad I called the store and complained to the manager, but I'm sure that did a whole lot of good. So then I called the 800 number to complain to the Colonel himself. After being told that he had passed (God rest his Kentucky Fried Soul) I talked to the next person in charge and was told the complaint would be passed on. Hmph. Probably to the same person I had just talked to earlier at the store. So basically not a whole lot got done. That's when I decided that complaining to them was not the answer. Complaining to everyone else was! Maybe when other people got wind of it, they would think twice about eating at this particular store. They would tell two friends, and they would tell two friends, and so on. . . So I'm telling my two friends and you guys.

The KFC on Lindsey stinks. They are rude, obnoxious and obviously care nothing for their customers. Oh, and by the way, they still fry their chicken . . . I've seen them. Some say a single nut job can't change the world but they have yet to see what this particular Nut Job is capable of . . . Today KFC, tomorrow . . . someplace else that is rude to me. Ah, the power!!!!

No comments: