Friday, March 24, 2006

Blog #1 (Night of the Blog)

Hokay. Here goes a blogger thing.

Right now I'm listening to Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads via Napster. They have some awesomely good music that I can listen to, but it is a real headache to try and download! Not only do you have to pay .99 per download sometimes they won't let you put in on more than 3 cds. I'm thinkin' "Hey, I paid for the dad gum thing! I can put it on as many cd's has my burner can take!!!" Go figure.

Anywho, lately my head has been swimming with medical references. Tim and I have been watching all of House MD first season (killer show if you've never seen it) and so every little ache and pain that comes along we have to diagnosis every way humanly possible! Tim's finger will hurt and I will yell "Diagnoses, people!" Of course, I don't get paid nearly as much as Dr. House.

Tim and I have decided that it would be a good idea to write down all the pop culture references we use so other people might be able to understand and roll their eyes. So as I think of the phrases we sometimes use I'll write them down.

1. "See My Power!" - Captain America Sega game circa 1991.
2. "Nothing, Nothing, Tra La La" - Labyrinth - Movie - circa 1987
3. "Is your ------- ready for another blast of my spank ray?" - Space Ghost Coast to Coast

More to come.

2 comments:

Tim D. said...

Actually the phrase is "Prepare for another blast from the spank ray." But I'm being picky.

Oh and don't forget "Howdy-doody little tutti-fruti" - Star Warts 1990-something

Tim D. said...

"She crazy!" with an outrageous Spanish accent - Fawlty Towers